Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Of course she's fired....

I'm amazed that people are shocked by this, but according to ABC Soaps In Depth, Rebecca Herbst is out as Liz Webber on General "Hospital", a role she's played since 1998. She was put on "extended holiday" once returning showhog Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo (EDIT: Why in the hell is her name that bloody long? I'm amazed I was able to SPELL it right) came in late last year and has barely been seen since, let alone given much story.

Frankly, the fact she's a nurse should've been a dead giveaway that she'd be fired. She isn't in the orbit of the mob anymore since her split with meathead mobster Jason Morgan, and most people who've ever watched the show since 2001 realise that the show is trying very hard to pretend that the hospital never existed, unless Michael's been injured or killed someone, of course.

I gave up on this show ages ago, and between this and the fact that my favourite remaining (read: character not violently killed off during an Emmy-pandering sweeps stunt) character, Monica Quartermaine (Leslie Charleson) has been silently moved to recurring status, I'm probably never coming back.

A quick note that will inevitably fall on deaf ears: I don't care for Brenda, Carly, Jason, or Sonny, and I never will. They were boring in the 90s, they were boring in the 2000s, and they continue to elicit about the same reaction in me as Carly has to everything. Snarling rage.

Kthxbai xx

No comments:

Post a Comment